Article By BlueOrchardDecember 13, 2016
Diversity – Each room is guaranteed to meet your needs, want to go on an adventure, test your survival, or even your intelligence, Diversity is here to satisfy you.
Diversity or variety is something I really like to cover in maps, since it’s an element that keeps things from being so dull throughout the map’s gameplay. The map Diversity focuses on variety, but not in the map details, but in the map genre. Here, we have on sub-genres of gameplay that make the main genre of the map’s focus. Complete the Monument is main genre here, with all the basics of having a Victory Monument and having to obtain the wool through certain circumstances. Most of the time, you fight against mobs in search of the wool. In Diversity, you must complete the objectives inside a mini-game that’s set within the other rooms.
The map places you on top of a large platform that contain ten teleporters that lead you to a certain section of the seed. Each teleporter of the map takes you to a mini-game that holds it’s own unique genre. Ten pieces of wool for the Monument, ten genres to complete in order to obtain it. That’s right, you’ll have to run through the whole section to get a piece of wool. It might take you only one try, or many. You’re sure to have a good time trying out something new or unique with Diversity. Bring along a pal to explore with you along the way.
Some maps require some additional items, such as a mod or a texture pack. This map requires the following:
- If playing multiplayer, 2 players are recommended, and 3 players is the max for Diversity.
Some maps have some rules. Here’s the rules of this map:
- Do not break, place, or craft anything unless instructed to do so.
- Do not change your gamemode.
- Do not abuse any singleplayer commands or multiplayer commands (/Tp, /Spawn, /Gamemode, etc.)
Some maps also have objectives. Here’s the objectives of this map:
- Complete the Monument by obtaining wool through completion of a genre within the map.
- Unlock a piece of wool on the Monument by successfully completing a room of genre of your choice.
- Boss Battle
Now for some screenshots of the map.
Here's a video of the Diversity Map in action.