All Seeds Mod – Acquire all the rare and hard to find seeds by punching tall grass with this mod!
Overview of this Mod
“Finding melon seeds is too hard! Pumpkins are kind of rare! How many zombies am I supposed to kill to even get a potato or carrot? over 200?” I share your frustration. It took hours of mining to get even just one melon seed. I literally had to strip mine just to find an abandoned mineshaft, and just hoped that it would have a chest containing a melon seed.
Then, acquiring the carrot and the potato were whole other monsters. I managed to get a potato during the first 10 minutes of a new world, and that was only because I fought a zombie with full iron armor. Did I encounter another one since? Nope! I did manage to find a zombie mob spawner though. Unlike other people who would torch it or destroy it, I turned it into a cheap mob trap, and hacked away. 3 iron swords later, I’m at level 25 and still no carrots. After about 4 real life hours of mindlessly hacking at zombies, I finally got ONE carrot.
That’s why I like this mod. Rather than punching and slicing zombies for 4 hours, you can just punch the tall grass for maybe 5 minutes to acquire the seeds. If you haven’t figured out already, this mod makes it so all the seeds are added into the tall grass’s drop table, making it so any of the current seeds in Minecraft could drop. Pretty useful! If I were to start a new single player world, I would definitely use this mod.
“Why not just spawn them in creative or use TooManyItems?” you might ask. Well, I dislike the idea of purely cheating in survival, but I do enjoy making it slightly less tedious, so this mod certainly fits the bill on that. If anything, this mod should be incorporated in stock Minecraft, except making everything besides seeds more rare.
All in all, this mod is recommended for anyone having trouble finding the other types of seeds in the game. now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Since this mod is better shown in pictures than in videos, we’ll skip right ahead to the installation instructions of this mod.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.