Sometimes, the peaceful mode in Minecraft is actually, well, too easy. For one, you regenerate health as if hunger did not exist. Some people, such as myself want peaceful mode for one reason, and that is because the peaceful difficulty prevents mobs from spawning. Other than that, I much would rather like to be in the easy game mode. If only there was way to combine both of these.
Luckily, there’s the Almost Peaceful Mod. The Almost Peaceful Mod is a mod that makes it so easy and peaceful are essentially combined. What this mod does basically, is it disables peaceful mode, and also activates hunger as well. essentially, this is like the easy game mode, but without the mobs.
this mod is useful for those times where you feel like you want to mine, but would like to remove them all, so that you can mine undisturbed. At the same time though, you might want at hunger as well, to preserve the mining atmosphere that usually revolves around survival of the fittest. This mod adds hunger, you can mine undisturbed, but still preserve some of the difficulties that comes with mining, such as starving. In my opinion, this mod is definitely recommended for people who are new to Minecraft, but would still like to mine, and would still like to experience what it’s like to starve, without too much tension.
All in all, this mod is fairly small, but it does the job quite well. The cool thing about this mind, is that it adds a new game mode, rather than replacing the peaceful game mode. This means that you can progress in difficulty without having to uninstall or reinstall this mod. Anyways, if you’re looking for a mod that adds hunger in peaceful, then this mod is for you.
Videos of this Mod
Since this mod is more of a mod that has to be shown in a video, Here is a video showing what the mod does.
Now you might want to know how to install the mod.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.