AnimalBikes Mod – Ever wanted to ride animals in Minecraft? Well now you can thanks to this mod!
Overview of this Mod
The AnimalBikes Mod is a mod Minecraft that makes almost all the mobs in Minecraft rideable. You can even ride a creeper! There’s really no particular use for this mod, other than some mobs being able to transport you faster, but it does seem pretty sweet that you could actually ride in control the animals in Minecraft. Anyways, now for the features of each rideable mob added using this mod.
Features of this Mod
Here’s the features of some of the mobs in this Mod:
- They can fly!
- You go up by pressing space.
- You go down but pressing left shift.
- It’s breathes fire if you right click while holding flint and steel.
- If you press space, it will teleport.
- It can teleport every 5 seconds.
- These guys run very fast!
- Unlike the stock rideable Minecraft pigs, you can actually control them.
- They don’t stop however.
This is only a couple of the sheer amount of mobs that can be rideable thanks to this mod. If you want to view the full list and how to craft the rideable mobs, I would recommend to check out the Official Forums post (link below). Anyways, now for screenshots.
Videos of this Mod
Because this mod is more of a mod that we need to demonstrate to you rather than a static mod, here is a video showing what the mod does, and explains all the things the mods do. (Thanks the respective video owner for making the video.)
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: The mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!
Official Forums for this Mod