Minecrat is fun, and exploring the land in Minecraft is just as fun as well. The problem, however, is that exploring can be quite tedious if you end up in a hill biome, where you are required to jump a lot. Not only does this make exploring longer, this also depletes your hunger a lot after a while. The same goes with traversing water. Sure, you could make a boat for water, but boats break easily, and on top of that, aren’t as stylish. What I’d like to see is the ability to make your own boat out of Minecraft blocks, and then use that to travel.
Fortunately, there’s a mod that does just this, and it’s called Archimedes’ Ships Mod. Archimedes’ Ships Mod is a mod made by Archimedes, and it allows you to make your own boat in Minecraft, and actually have the ability to drive it in the water. It doesn’t stop there, however. In addition to boats, you can also make airships that fly out of normal Minecraft blocks as well. This makes traveling the land in Minecraft much less tedious, and more fun at the same time.
This mod is pretty useful for survival. For example, let’s say that you make a massive airship. On top of being able to travel land at a safer and faster rate, you can also make this airship your base of operations, meaning that you can literally bring your house with you on expeditions. Since the airship is, well, above the ground, this means that if you light the airship up, you are essentially immune from mobs, even at night. I don’t know about you, but this makes traveling much easier, and less of a hassle.
All in all, Archimedes’ Ships Mod is a very nice mod, and is very well made on top of that. If you’re looking for a mod that makes your creations literally pop to life, and move based on the controls you give it, then this mod is recommended for you.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
Now you might want to know how to install the mod.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.