Armor Movement Mod – Craft armor that will help you navigate around your world! Travel the land at blazingly fast speeds, or drop from high heights and survive!
Overview of this Mod
Travelling in Minecraft has gotten quite dull. there’s not that many ways to travel come to think of it. You can walk, run, ride a minecart, and sail a boat. Other than that, there’s no other means of transportation. Sure, you could make an elaborate piston elevator to travel to a certain destination quickly, but there isn’t any freedom in doing so.
Then there’s the Armor Movement mod. The Armor Movement mod is a mod that makes it so leather armor can be combines with various other materials in order to perform differently. For example, you can place three iron ingots below a pair of leather boots in order to make a pair of ice skates. On top of that, you can even combine sticks, string, and paper with a leather tunic in order to make a glider!
If you ask me, the glider itself is what sells this mod. For example, let’s say you were to fall off a mountain you were climbing. Normally, you would be dead then and there, but if you have the glider on you, you can deploy it with “F”, and you’re now sailing the sky, rather than plunging to your doom. During this time period, you can either turn back and attempt to climb the mountain once more, or you can just glide home because the glider covers a great distance.
All in all, this mod is great, and is recommended for the avid survivalist. The mod has much more to offer than what was stated above, so I would recommend checking the screenshots and videos below to get a full grasp of what this mod has to offer.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!