Overview of this Mod
Have you used any other Universal electricity mods? Do you want a more efficient source of electricity? If so then the Atomic Science mod is for you, the atomic science mod adds nuclear fissures and a few other machines and trinkets for you to have a much more efficient energy source for your mods. The Atomic science mod adds eleven machines, one electric item, two generators and twelve miscellaneous items that you may need. Fission reactors can be used to create large amounts of unstable energy, you have to wear a hazmat suit so the you wont be damaged by the radiation, if you do not take god care of your reactors and dont supply it with enough water then you can cause a meltdown. When a meltdown occurs you damage the area around it covering with nuclear waste and causing damage to those without hazmat suits. Turbines are needed to generate electricity from from your reactor, the key component to your reactor is uranium, you need to refine the uranium into a rod and place it into the reactor if done properly your reactor will begin spinning generating heat it takes a moment for it to generate enough heat for it to evaporate the water, you will need to give it a steady supply if you do not want a meltdown. Control rods are used to turn your reactor on and off so that will be useful for when you run out of water. The thermal meter shows you the temperature of your reactor which will come in handy so you wont cause a meltdown. This is just some of the basic things that this mod has , it may be a bit complicated but you may enjoy the challenge, i personally would i would create a large factory with two reactors or more and create a system or mechanism to constantly provide water. You could also solve the water problem by building your facility near a lake, river ore ocean, or even under water inside of a building with holes or gaps on the roof so that the water can pur in at its own pace. But like i said it may be challenge but its one i hope you will enjoy.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!