Overview of this Mod
Do you dislike the sounds a certain mod adds to your game? Or do you just want to re experience the classic minecraft sounds? This mod is a Sound pack manager, it does not in itself already have sounds you have to download sound packs that are compatible with the sound manager. The good thing about this sound pack manager is that you can use multiple sound packs at the same time. Some example of sound packs that can be used with this manager are the Vintage Minecraft Alpha r3, No footsteps, No creepy cave sounds and other like this. How this mod works is that it scans all sounds loaded by Minecraft in the memory, and substitutes it with those from the sound packs, if the sound packs has sounds Minecraft doesn’t, it will add them. This mod will not prevent Minecraft from downloading new songs. That is pretty much all this mod does, well now atleast you can decide what sounds you can hear, and know there is a large variety of sound packs you can use with this sound pack manager so choose wisely…. oh wait you can use multiple sound packs simultaneously so have fun and enjoy new sounds.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.