Backpack Mod – Ever wanted to increase her inventory space without having to take up space in your house in Minecraft? Then this mod is for you!
Overview of this Mod
The backpack mod is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to carry a backpack in your inventory. The backpack is essentially a portable chest in that it can carry everything besides another backpack. unfortunately, it’s capacity is about the same as a regular chest, and not that of a double chest. however, if you have three backpacks in your inventory, you are essentially quadrupling the amount of items you can carry with you. The crafting recipe is as follows:
If you ask me, the crafting recipe is fairly balanced, and obtaining the materials required craft it isn’t all that hard. However, I highly doubt the cows will really like that. in addition, you can also change the color of your backpack by adding a died in the middle while you’re crafting backpack. On top of that you can even create the “magic backpack” which will allow you to share your items if you have another magic backpack. Basically, if you put an item in the magic backpack, it will store the item virtually, and even if you lose all the magic backpacks, you can just craft another one and your stuff will still be safe. This is fairly useful for storing valuable items, and sharing items with your friends if you decide to run this mod on the server. Crafting recipe is fairly expensive though, in that it requires one diamond in the middle while you are crafting the backpack. I guess it’s fairly balanced, considering that you won’t lose any of your items that you store inside of it.
All in all, this mod is a really good mod for the Minecraft player that likes to go on adventures and mining, and their inventory keeps constantly getting filled. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.