Better Farming Mod – Farm more efficiently, and acquire seeds to previously hard to get food with this mod! No longer will you run out of food!
Overview of this Mod
Finding apples can get very tedious. It will take several minutes just to get a respectable amount of apples, and on top of that, apples only heal two hearts of health. If only there was a more effective way of acquiring apples.
This mod aims to do just that. With the better farming mod, you can now farm more apples more effectively too, just by finding an apple tree. The apple tree is a new tree added into the game that randomly drops apples. You don’t even have to farm the apple tree to get apples! How convenient is that? On top of that, if you put an apple in the crafting table with a glass bottle, you can create apple juice!
On top of Apple trees, this mod also adds two new foods of similar qualities, called orange and lemon seeds. Likewise, you can put the lemons and oranges in the crafting table to make juice. The only difference would be that you need to add sugar to the lemon, and rather than an empty glass bottle, it will need to have water inside of it.
Last but definitely not least is the Cocoa tree. with the cocoa tree, you can harvest tons of cocoa in a quick period of time, and you can create chocolate bars with them. How sweet is that? (Sorry for the bad pun, I just had to do it.)
In conclusion, this mod is a really nice mod, and I would definitely use it because I hate how difficult it is to acquire apples, and I really like farming in Minecraft for some reason. If you think so too, then this mod is also recommended for you!
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.