Butter Mod – Ever wanted to be able to eat your access gold supply because you have no other use for them? Then this mod is for you!
Butter Mod - What is it?
The butter mod is a mod for minecraft that changes the name of all things gold into butter. Even though this is more of a reference towards the popular YouTuber, “skydoesminecraft”, this mod has some uses too, in that the gold ingots and nuggets are edible.
In my eyes, this mod is pretty practical for an avid miner like myself. Whenever I search for diamonds, I usually end up with several iron ore and some gold ore. Since I don’t really have a use for powered minecart rails, as I prefer walking, I can rather just eat the gold, or as this mod dubs it, “butter”. Unfortunately, the butter does not replenish as many hunger points (1/2 hunger for gold nuggets, 2.5 for gold ingots), it does provide a quick food for those times where you’re out of food, and the gold ingots provide about the same saturation level as a piece of cooked steak.
All in all, even though this mod is mostly just for kicks and to reference skydoesminecraft, this mod is sort of practical for miners that don’t use minecart systems. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod does not require you to install any other mods, such as Modloader. Install this mod like you normally would.