Overview of this Mod
Do you want a more efficient light source? Don’t like the way furnaces look? Then the Campfire mod is the mod for you, the campfire mod adds two campfires into minecraft. This mod also adds marshmallows for you to eat and enjoy by your lovely campfire. The difference between the two campfires is first off that there is two different ways to craft them, the first kind of campfire is the campfire with gui you can use it as a furnace but you can only cook food and burn wood, this fire needs to be fed so that it will not turn off, the crating method is similar to the one shown below but instead of flint and steal you use a piece of coal i’m not sure if charcoal works but its worth a try. The second kind of campfire is the always active campfire which is always active, but you can not use it as a furnace. Marshmallows are crafted with two sugars, they can be smelted in either a furnace or a campfire to create the toasted marshmallow which you can eat. Now that you what this mod provides you can build a camp site, have a few fires and roast marshmallows, they also a good source of light so enjoy.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!