Camping Mod – Camp in the great outdoors, all in Minecraft! Leave your home, and hike great distances for the perfect camping spot!
Overview of this Mod
Camping in the great outdoors is incredibly fun. You get to become one with the environment, but at the same time, don’t have to be phased by the environment, such as having to deal with bad weather as much, or worrying about animals attempting to attack you. It’s really fun camping in the great outdoors. Why not bring that fun into Minecraft?
That’s why the Camping Mod was born. The Camping mod is a mod that makes it so you can finally camp in the great outdoors in Minecraft! arguably, you could have been able to do this before normally, but the Camping Mod adds to the experience in my opinion. Rather that building a whole house, you can rather just craft a tent to place on the ground. What’s even cooler is that if you were to right click said tent with a chest or a bed, you can create a storage tent and a sleeping tent, respectively. this means that you can also safely sleep outside without having to worry about mobs attacking you.
In addition to tents, this mod also adds campfires into the game. This is cool because you get a whole campsite experience once you set up the fire and tents. However, despite all this, it can still get pretty lonely, and sort of pointless after a while. That’s why this mod also adds other campers, some world generation features, and achievements!
All in all, this mod is a fairly medium sized mod that has quite a few features. If you’re the kind of person who likes camping, then this mod is for you.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.