Chocapic13′s Shaders Mod – Add some shaders into the game to make the game much, much prettier than what it already once was!
Overview of this Mod
Minecraft looks nice, but it’s lacking anything that makes a current generation game a current generation game. By this, I mean that the graphics of Minecraft aren’t exaclty up to par with, let’s say, Battlefield 3. Obviously, the textures will never be as good without a major overhaul, or installing a 256×256+ texture pack, but what I’m talking about are the shadows and the lighting.
this may sound like a daunting task to do, and believe me, it is. Thankfully, however, there’s Chocapic13′s Shaders Mod. Chocapic13′s Shaders Mod is a mod that completely changes the shaders of Minecraft to resemble that of a current generation game, meaning that all of the items in the game should have a shadow, along witht he sun having lense flare, and many other visual treats.
Even though this mod doesn’t really add anything to the survival portion of the game, it’s beautiful. This should make commentaries and showcases much more visually appealing, if that’s your thing. I know that I would watch a Minecraft video and enjoy it even more if it has shaders installed. Keep in mind, however, that this mod is very graphics card intensive, and requires quite a powerful computer to run it.
All in all, this mod is pretty nice. Even though mods like this have been done several times before, this mod looks more visually appealing than the current lineup at the moment, mainly because of how vivid and bright the colors are, compared to most shader mods, which look washed out at best. If you are looking for a mod that adds shaders into the game, then this mod is for you.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.