Overview of this Mod
CJB’s Mod is a mod for Minecraft that consists of several smaller, yet essential mods that make playing in Minecraft much easier. This includes being able to use X-Ray, being able to see the current Light Level, being able to see what biome you are in, being able to teleport, and much, much more. Unlike installing seperate mods, such as the X-Ray mod, and the “What’s My Light Level” mod, you can access all of this conveniently by bringing up the mod’s GUI by pressing the “Y” key. One of my favorite features though, is the quickcraft ability. This is where your GUI changes to that of the Xbox 360 version when you right click on a crafting bench, allowing for faster crafting.
This mod doesn’t just offer features than improve your gameplay. This mod also offers features that improve your interaction with other players. For example, this mod has a feature that when your name is said in the chat, it will make a ping sound so you know that the dialogue was directed towards you. This is useful for when you are in a deep mining session, and your mind automatically ignores the chat bar. I am talking off of personal experience, as this happened to me on several occasions.
All in all, I would recommend this mod for people who would like an edge in Minecraft, due to the sheer amount of features this mod has to offer. Whether is comes to finding ores in your Single Player world, getting the edge in Minecraft servers, or just wanting better chat features. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!