Craftable Animals Mod – Acquire the ability to craft any animal in the game with this mod! Farming underground? Much easier to do now thanks to this mod!
Overview of this Mod
Animals in Minecraft are nice and all, but they are a pain to get back to your house. You can lure them in with wheat, seeds, or carrots, but even after that, it’s downright impossible to get them all without the animals losing interest. On top of that, the animals will collide with objects, and will not jump over or go around them. Creating farms in Minecraft takes a lot of patience.
Luckily, thanks to this mod, you no longer have to be patient! Rather, you can just slay the mob you want to farm, and put its drops into a crafting table! this means that creating farms should go a lot smoother, and this could also mean that you can spawn nether and end only mobs into the overworld as well, allowing for you to create some havoc into your game.
Like I said before, this mod is incredibly useful for farming. For example, let’s say you need a steady leather supply for various reasons, such as books, or maybe even leather armor because you like they way they look. Rather than finding a ton of cows to kill, which can literally take hours, or attempting to farm them by luring them, which can also take quite some time, you can just slay a couple cows and scavenge their meat. In my opinion, this is a nice investment because in order to make two cows, you need eight leather, which is the same amount you need just for a chestplate. A chestplate now, or infinite leather later? I think you know the answer here.
All in all, this mod is pretty nice, and I would recommend it for anyone who would like to have the ability to spawn mobs in survival mode.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.