CraftGuide Mod – Ever wanted to craft something, but forgot thecrafting recipe for it? Then this mod is for you!
Overview of this Mod
The CraftGuide Mod is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to craft a crafting guide. This will now end those frustrating days where you have to constantly check MinecraftWiki just to craft a simple item! Why? Because the CraftGuide mod here gives a whole list of all the craftable items in Minecraft, all in a reasonably organized GUI. It even gives a crafting recipe of how to craft the crafting guide itself. Even though that crafting recipe is useless when you already have the crafting guide, it’s still essential to know how to craft the actual guide itself. Here’s the crafting guide’s recipe:
Remember when I said that you didn’t need to memorize any more crafting recipes? I was mostly right, but I was also little wrong because you might want to memorize the crafting recipe for the crafting guide. Anyways, the CraftGuide mod gives you a huge advantage when it comes to playing on survival mode, especially if you are new to the game. I said new people because usually the people who have been playing this game for while now will pretty much know how to craft virtually every item in Minecraft.
All in all, I would recommend the CraftGuide mod for new Minecraft players, or Minecraft players who might need to look back at a crafting recipe now and then. Another mod similar to the Craftguide Mod, but not quite as useful as this mod, is Risugami’s Recipe Book Mod. Now for some screenshots.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here is a screenshot showcasing the mod:
Now for some videos.
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the CraftGuide mod does. (Thanks to the respective video owner for making the video.)
Now you might want to know how to install the CraftGuide mod.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!