Elemental Creepers – Spice up the different types of creepers with different features with this mod!
Elemental Creepers Mod – What is it?
The Elemental Creepers mod is a mod that adds several types of creepers in Minecraft. You can now have creepers that are capable of burning your house down, and you can also have creepers that give you cookies. You can even have creepers that will be your friend! There are all kinds of creepers that are added, and each have their own unique way of spicing Minecraft up. Let’s get into the types of creepers that have been added with this mod.
The Types of Elemental Creepers
Here’s a complete list of the types of creepers added with this mod:
- Fire Creeper – The color of this creeper is orange. Instead of exploding, it will create a wildfire.
- Water Creeper – The color of this creeper is blue. Like the name suggests, it will create a large puddle of water. Don’t let this guy near your redstone wiring!
- Earth Creeper – This creeper is themed like a grass block. It creates a mountain when it explodes.
- Ice Creeper – The color of this creeper is white. It will do the same effect the fire creeper does, but instead of spreading fire, it spreads snow.
- Lightning Creeper – The color of this creeper is yellow. It’s kind of obvious, but this creeper strikes any mob near it with lightning.
- Psychic Creeper – The color of this creeper is purple. This creeper launches any mobs near it.
- Magma Creeper – The color of this creeper is red. It leaves a trail of fire as it walks, and create a pool of lava when it explodes. Luckily for us, this creeper only spawns in the nether.
- Ghost Creeper – Looks like a normal creeper, but is transparent. This creeper blows up like a normal creeper, but doesn’t destroy nearby blocks.
- Friendly Creeper – The color of this creeper is pink. You can tame this creeper with gunpowder, and use flowers to heal it. When this creeper explodes, it will not damage you, itself, or the nearby blocks, but it will damage other mobs. Once tamed, it will follow you around. Kind of like a wolf you wish you had!
- Cookie Creeper- The color of this creeper is brown. When it explodes, it gives out cookies.
- Illusion Creeper – The creeper will split into 5 separate creepers, but only one of them will explode.
- Light Creeper – When it blows up, it will do the same thing the earth creeper does, but the difference is that it will explode with glowstone.
- Dark Creeper – These destroy torches, glowstone, or pretty much anything that has a significant light value nearby.
- Reverse Creeper – Flips the blocks.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here’s a couple screenshots of the elemental creepers:
Videos of this Mod
Here’s a couple videos showcasing this Mod. (Thanks to the video owners for making the videos.)
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!