Equivalent Exchange Mod – Advanced alchemy, transmutation, dark matter, and a thousand other things for Minecraft. Let’s get a little more in depth now with this mod.
Overview of this Mod
The equivalent exchange mod is an alchemy mod for Minecraft. The mod adds a bunch of new content to Minecraft, such as the Philosopher’s stone. However, getting these materials legitimately is quite hard. For example, the philosopher’s stone requires redstone, glowstone, and a slimeball. This means that you will need to mine quite a bit, travel the nether (meaning you need to make a nether portal, which requires obsidian), and you will need to find a rare chunk that spawns slimes. However, due to the difficulty or getting these items, you can craft a slimeball, or you can use the alternative crafting recipe. Here’s an alternative crafting recipe that you can use:
The Philosopher’s Stone
Like I said, the Equivalent Exchange mod revolves around alchemy. But in order to start doing some alchemy, you need the philosopher’s stone. The Philospher’s stone act’s like a catalyst for most recipes of this Mod, meaning you will need it quite a bit. However, one philosopher’s stone can be used several times, so one of these will do the job. Once you craft yourself a philosopher’s stone, you can now get started. Here’s ways the philosopher’s stone will help you:
As a catalyst
- Like we said above, the philosopher’s stone acts like a catalyst, and is required by most crafting recipes of this mod.
- With the philosopher’s stone, you can build walls of 3×3, 5×5, 9×9, and 11×11.
- You charge the philosopher’s stone by using the “V” key. For example, the charge value of a 3×3 is 0, and the charge value of a 5×5 is 1.
- Walls are made out of the most abundant material in your inventory.
- Left Clicking with the philosopher’s stone will shoot something out that will transform the mob it hits.
- A hostile mob will be turned into a different type of hostile mob.
- A passive mob will be turned into a different type of passive mob.
- Once fully charged, you can press “C” (while holding the philosopher’s stone) for an upgraded crafting table.
There are a bunch of more features to this mod, such as block and fuel convertion, so I would recommend checking out the wiki for this mod. (see below for the link)
Screenshots of this Mod
Here’s a basic diagram of how the block and fuel conversion works in this Mod:
More screenshots are located at the wiki. (see below for the link)
Videos of this Mod
Here’s a few videos featuring the equivalent exchange mod. (Thank Yogscast for making the videos)
As you can see by the length of these two videos, the Equivalent Exchange mod is packed with content!
Installation Instructions for the Equivalent Exchange mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Here’s the download links and the links to the forum and wiki for the Equivalent Exchange mod for Minecraft: