Falling Meteors Mod – Unleash havoc into your Minecraft world with this mod! Mine the meteors and create various items with the mined materials!
Overview of this Mod
Minecraft lacks outer space items. Sure, there’s a moon up there, and some stars at night too, but after that, there’s nothing else that really involves the use of space. Maybe something like spaceships, or aliens, or meteors. Oh wait! Meteors! That’s a great idea!
The falling meteors mod is a mod that makes it so meteors randomly fall on your world, each with their own unique and distinguishable shapes and leftover blocks. On top of that, the meteors have leftovers that you can mine to create special items such as tools, swords, and even armor, each with their own unique enchantment out of the box. Here’s the list of meteors, along with their abilities:
- Can be mined to get meteor chips.
- Meteor chips can be used to craft tools (use iron instead of sticks for crafting)
- Meteor chips can be used to craft armor, which has a special enchantment called “Protection”
- Can be mined to get frezarite chips.
- Frezarite chips can be used to craft ice cream
- Frezarite chips can be used to craft armor, which has a special enchantment called “Ice touch” meaning that the water you step on will turn into ice no matter what.
- Can be mined to get kreknorite chips.
- kreknorite chips can be used to craft a sword, which sets stuff no fire.
- kreknorite chips can be used to craft armor, which has a special enchantment called “Fire Protection” making you invulnerable to fire and lava.
- Blaze can spawn too.
- This meteor has a chest full of valuables inside of it.
All in all, this mod is great, and is definitely recommended for any outer space enthusiasts out there who have a desire to bring meteors into their game.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.