Fancy Fences Mod – Add more fences into your game with this mod! No longer will you limited to wood for fences, or cobblestone for cobblestone walls!
Overview of this Mod
I find it very unfair that the only material that has the luxury of being able to become a nice looking wall is cobblestone. When you put 6 pieces of cobblestone into a crafting table, similar to how you would with a fence, only with sticks, you get a cobblestone wall, which is a very nice looking wall. The only problem though, is that it’s cobblestone, and cobblestone doesn’t look as nice compared to other items, such as bricks.
This mod aims to fix that. the Fancy Fences Mod is a mod that allows you to craft more walls out of other materials, such as stone brick, brick, and sandstone. This can allow for some more creativity, and better looking structures. If you ask me, this mod can be one way to really sell your creations.
For example, let’s say you made a house completely out of sandstone, and it looks absolutely gorgeous. The problem, however, is that there’s not a single border around the house, and using sandstone to surround the house doesn’t really look right because of the fact that it’s too think. You can use cobblestone walls to create a border, but it won’t really fit in with the theme of the house. Your only option now would be to use fences, but fences looks weird when stacked vertically, and on top of that, they don’t fit with the sandy theme as nicely. Thanks to this mod, you can just use sandstone walls! The walls look like they are from the vanilla game too, so that means that the walls fit in perfectly with the theme!
In conclusion, this mod is great, and is meant for people with creative minds.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!