Overview of this Mod
Do you feel as you are limited to the area you are given in minecraft? If so then Galacticraft is for you, you can explore the darkest crevices of the moon, you can roam the red deserts of mars. This mod adds eight items that will assist you on your travels, and eleven planets you can explore. The items that are added are the Nasa work bench which you use to craft your shuttles, the launchpad which is required for you to launch your shuttle, the portable oxygen system that allows you to breath in deep space, rocket fuel which you need to fuel your shuttle or your not going anywhere, oxygen distribution system which allows you to breathe on different planets that do not have oxygen. This mod also adds sensor goggles that detect lifeforms and ore on foreign planets, parachutes which you need to land planets or you will plummet to the unknown, the last item that is at your disposal is the flags which you can place down to mark your territory. So now with the Galacticraft mod you can explore what you would have never been able to explore normally, so build a castle on a lonesome planet, build a space station, kill aliens or be killed. There is also evolved creatures from your home planet, the evolved creatures are the zombie, creeper, skeleton, and zombie. The only difference between the two is that they have helmets made from glass to breathe, also beware some of the lifeforms on some planets, you may bring something home you do not want,and remember no one can hear you scream in space.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.