Harcore Enderdragon Mod – If you think he was going to stay down, you’re dead wrong, he’s back and stronger than ever. Prepare yourself.
Hardcore Enderdragon Mod - What is it?
Did you really think his end was the end? You’re wrong. If you’ve defeated him once and thought he was easy, try it again with this mod to see how you can really pitch against a dragon with the power of knowledge. The mod features a learning AI that is implemented into the dragon and the dragon learns as the fight grows longer. Once it learns your tactic, it will change it’s tactic to throw you off and give himself a new advantage. Although, the basic AI itself is very complex to fight against, making it incredibly fun to learn and improve yourself against the dragon. The mod increases the difficulty of the dragon by adding new attacks and some special events that you’ll have to dodge or fight against in order to keep yourself alive. The basic attacks have been buffed up and harder to deal with when it comes to combat. He gets a new stealthy attack where he silently punches or bites you if you decide to look away from him. If you get to close to his mouth, he will attack you by biting and has a chance of applying a random defect. The last buff that he gets to his basic attack is that he will attack the weakest player if you’re playing in multiplayer with a friend.
The mod has implemented some new melee attacks, ranged assaults that can apply hinders to your character, and even some special sequence events that can occur depending on what you do to trigger the events. Sometimes it can happen randomly or you’ll have to manually activate the events through the environment that you’re in. An example is if you destroy a crystal that is the power source of the Enderdragon, the two events will occur, the loyal Enderman servants will become enraged and attack you, while the Enderdragon channels its rage into a fury of TnT explosions that are fired at you. Time yourself if you decide to destroy the crystals, as you destroy more, he’ll become angrier and tougher to deal with. Once most of the crystals have been destroyed, a few new events will happen, the Enderdragon will become fully enraged and will tamper with your settings, you won’t be able to change your difficulty anymore, that’s one thing. I hope that’s scared you enough, because that feature just makes me afraid of destroying those crystals. Other features include the ranged fire or freezeballs to become more frequent and quicker when fired, his other special and basic attacks will also become more frequent, the obsidian towers will become scattered if the Enderdragon flies through them, and destroying most of the crystals will start triggering his special attacks.
I will cover the the most satisfying part of this mod which are the rewards. If there is going to be a very difficult fight with a huge monsters, there has to be huge rewards. These rewards you get from the Enderdragon are all valued and depends on what difficulty setting that you’ve been fighting him in. It’s is also determined by deaths and failures that you’ve collected when you’ve attempted to defeat him. It all comes down to a simple statement, the better you perform against him, the better the rewards. The lowest value you could get from fighting him is well, a troll statement. Which is a giant “LOL” made of cobblestone. Well, have fun with that reward. If you perform well enough, you can get reward values of high measures such as, 6 experience bottles and 15 enchanted books. These enchanted books contain very strong enchantments that you usually wouldn’t be able to get through the regular enchantment table. Fifteen of those enchanted books is well worth the fight.
Lastly, I will list the special attacks that I’ve been rambling on about throughout the post.
The Enderdragon flies to a great height and when he reaches his objective height, he charges downwards at a great speed of 3.5x, destroying a large chunk of land and then proceeds to attack from below.
The Enderdragon flies into the air and almost stops midair, then takes aim. He proceeds to repeatedly fireballs at the player, slowly following him until it can fly no more. The amount of fireballs fired and speed of the fireballs depend on the difficulty you’re in. You’re able to hide behind cover in order to stop the assault before he starts. A special feature of this attack is if you’re in water, his sequence will quickly change to the attack sequence, Divebomb.
The Enderdragon starts a frenzy of biting attacks that applies defects to your character, making it harder to attack and retreat from him. You have the option to attack him in order to stop the attack quicker.
During the first peaceful phase of the Enderdragon, he’ll keep his distance from the player and then charges that the player to deal a great amount of velocity damage entities that make contact.
A basic attack that connects with another that makes this a special attack. The Enderdragon fires a freezeball at the player in order to slow the player’s movement, and then quickly prepares for his next attack that is unavoidable due to the slow that the freezeballs apply.
The Enderdragon flies to a great height where ranged attacks can’t reach him, and then spawns enraged Endermans around the player. Each Enderman that is summoned from the special attack will come with a lightning effect.
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
- No mods required
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!