Human Mobs Mod – Turn all the mobs in Minecraft into human form! Recommended for players who enjoy RPG-style games, and would like to apply it to Minecraft!
Overview of this Mod
Minecraft mobs are nice and all, but they can get quite boring after a while. After hours of playing with them, you kind of wish they could change up a little bit. In the overworld, five types of mobs spawn, and on top of that, they all look like monsters, so you get a sense of loneliness in your game. Sure, you can go live with some villagers, but they don’t look like another player though.
Then there’s the Human Mobs Mod. The Human mobs mod is a mod that makes ti so you can change all of the mob models into that of player models. The cool part is that the original skin that they had still lingers through a little bit, meaning that you can distinguish who the skeletons are, and who the spiders are. The main difference though is that the mobs look human now, and considering the eyes they have, you can even say they are from an anime.
There will be a problem you will encounter though, and that is the fact that the mobs are still hostile towards you, which can get quite aggravating considering that they are attacking you for no reason despite being human. A quick fix for this would be installing the “Mob Talker Mod”, which is a mod that makes it so you can chat with mobs, meaning that you can actually befriend mobs. This, combined with the human mobs mod, can create an RPG-like experience like no other.
All in all, this mod is great, and is recommended for anyone who would like to change most of the mobs in Minecraft into humans, whether it be for an intent to have an RPG like game, or would just like to see something new.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.