Overview of this Mod
The Invasion Mod is a mod for Minecraft that turns your fort, castle, or whatever structure you set up, into a tower that you have to defend from an onslaught of mobs. These mobs are as follows:
- Zombies (Normal, and can destroy blocks.)
- Tier 2 Zombies (Has armor and sometimes carries a sword.)
- Spider (Normal. Can also climb walls.)
- Tier 2 Spider (Much faster, and can pounce much further.)
- Skeleton (Normal, just like the vanilla Minecraft skeletons.)
- Siege Mob (Does a ton of damage. It can also throw boulder.)
- Pig Engineer (Builds contraptions to get past your defenses.)
- Zombie Pigman (Normal. Same as the default (vanilla) Minecraft zombie pigmen.)
Yeah, those are the mobs! Anyways, to start the game of tower defense, you will have to craft the nexus and charge it up by placing a catalyst inside of it (right click the nexus). After that, the nexus will generate this stuff called “glowing remnants”. With this, you can create “Rift Flux” which in turn can be crafted into diamonds, redstone, iron, and even lapis lazuli. It’s a pretty useful way to get diamonds without needing to go mining, but at the same time, an equally hard way because mobs will attempt to destroy the nexus, and if they succeed, the nexus will explode, killing all the mobs around it, along with you. You can also make a sword and bow that has special abilities, such as a sword that can heal you, but if you want more information of these, or want to know how to craft the nexus, visit the official forums posy (link below). Now for some screenshots.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here is a screenshot showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!