Iron Dimension Mod – Add a new dimension to your game, consisting entirely of iron items! That’s right, your favorite ores has just improved even more!
Overview of this Mod
Iron golems are nice, but have you ever wondered where they came from? They are just like Endermen. They may seem like normal mobs that spawn in your world, but in reality, it’s much more than that. Where the endermen have the End dimension, the Iron Golem also come from another dimension as well. The soldiers of peace that have saved countless villager lives don’t just spawn from thin air you know!
Well actually, they do, but thanks to this mod, you can pretend that they come from somewhere else. And that somewhere else is called the “Iron Dimension”, hence the Iron Dimension Mod. Well anyways, getting to the iron dimension isn’t hard at all. All you need to do first is to create a nether portal, but rather than using obsidian, use iron. After that, just ignite it with flint and steel, and after that, you should be able to go in.
Upon entering the world, you will see Iron Golems everywhere, along with a a very white and grey world. Though it may not seem like it at first, that’s actually grass! But wait, there’s even more! After you’re done gazing at the new environment, you can actually start mining for Super Iron and Radioactive Iron ore now, which can me smelted to ingots for tools! It doesn’t stop there, however. Once you get enough gold, you can create the same portal, only out of gold this time, and you will enter the gold dimension! Pretty neat, right?
All in all, this mod is very nice, and is recommended for anyone who would like to have a new dimension added into their game complete with ores and mobs.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!