Overview of this Mod
Have you ever felt that Minecraft has gotten too easy? All of the mobs in Minecraft seem to die fairly quickly, and they don’t usually put up much of a fight. If anything, they are more of a nuisance, rather than something that you should worry about. If only there was a way to make Minecraft slightly harder.
Luckily, there’s the John mod to the rescue! The John mod is a monster Minecraft that adds a new mob called John. John is basically a mob that is incredibly hard to beat, mainly due to the fact that it deals a ton of damage, as well as having a lot of health. The damage in health, John is also incredibly fast, and has a slightly creepy looking skin. This makes encounters with him at night almost frightening.
This mod is meant for people who want more of a challenge and survival. Normally, survival night would be a piece of cake, because mobs are very easy to kill and Minecraft. Zombies aren’t much of a challenge, because they’re very slow, meaning you can ask easily outmaneuver them. Skeletons are hard at first, but after a while you learn how to dodge their arrows, in addition armor essentially negates all the damage they’re able to do. In reality, spiders are the only real threat in Minecraft, but they’re easy to slay, but are not much of a challenge at all really. Thanks for this mod, surviving at night has become much more difficult, because of John. John also spawns in groups at times, meeting that going out at night can be quite fatal.
In all, this mod is pretty nice, despite its simplicity. This might is recommended for anybody who wants more of a challenge of survival.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Download Now (Minecraft 1.6.4 and Lower)