Legendary Beasts – Fight hand to hand against the beasts with unique abilities in Minecraft!
Overview of this Mod
Are you ready? Legendary Beasts is a mod that adds 4 new mobs into the game. The four mobs that are added are extremely powerful and very tough to defeat. They are powerful in their own way, having unique attacks and defenses. Although, how hard these mobs may be, they are worth the fight. The four beasts drop a unique weapon with a certain ability that can use. You can enable mobs to spawn in a unique temple of their own. Lets move on to the four different beasts and their unique abilities.
The Fire Demon
- Mobs inside a certain radius of him will burn
- Entities that touch it will take the damage equal to that of lava
- Arrows do no damage against him
The Ender Lord
- Teleporting is his signature
- He switches places with you if he takes indirect damage (i.e. arrows) – you take the damage instead
- He teleports behind the player often
- Spawns on his temple, a blue cloud in the sky
- Spawns lightning every so often
- Spawns powered creepers often
- When he is in water, he spawns creepers twice as often
- He can’t be knocked back
- Can only be damaged by explosions and punches
- Fires arrows and poison darts
- Only arrows can damage him
- He will randomly run at you
- Drops an amazing enchanted bow
- Sometimes drops a poison blowdart
Lets move onto the weapons and its features.
The fire staff is dropped by the fire demon and it shoots fire charges with the right click. Just like a ghast, it will do explosion damage some times and lights the surrounding area on fire for a short period of time
The Ender staff is dropped by the enderlord. It works just like the ability of an enderman, if you right click, you can teleport to wherever you had pointed it at.
The lightning stuff is dropped by the lightning spirit. It summons lightning to wherever you were pointing at by right clicking with the item in your hand
The Poison blowdart is dropped by the Elf Hunter and it shoots poison blowdarts. Every time it hits, the dart poisons them for a short amount of time doing passive damage. Note, this does not work on the fire demon either.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!