Marvelous Moon Mod – Fly up to the moon, and play among the stars with this great mod for Minecraft!
Overview of this Mod
The moon. It’s always noticable at night. It helps you find your way home, and even lights up the night. It is also the signal that it’s getting too dark outside, and that you should head home. It’s arguably a very useful object in survival. Why not fly up there to check it out?
That’s what this mod does. The Marvelous moon mod is mod for Minecraft that allows you to become an astronaut, and also allows you to literally fly to the moon! How sweet is that? On top of that, you can even build on the moon!
“Building on the moon? That sounds spectacular!” Hold your horses though! You will first need to build a spaceship. In order to do so, you must craft the cockpit block, an air scrubber block, and a Navigation system block, and place them on the spaceship you made. Also, you will need to make a spaceship EXACTLY how it’s shown in the video. You can now fly to the moon, but wait! You must craft the space suit too, otherwise, you will end up getting killed due to space turbulence.
On the topic of building on the moon, you can mine the moon rocks, and if you smelt them to make iron ingots. Additionally, you can build an airtight room (So you aren’t exposed to the nitrogen on the moon), and place an air scrubber inside the room, and you are then free to take your helmet off! Pretty neat right?
In conclusion, this mod is great, and is recommended for anyone who would like to have an “out of this world” experience (please excuse all of the bad puns I’ve been making) in Minecraft.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Now for some videos.
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does. (Thanks to the respective video owner for making the video.)
Now you might want to know how to install the mod.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.