MAtmos Mod – ever wanted to have more realistic sound and better sound when the environment changes in Minecraft? than this mod is for you!
Overview of this Mod
The MAtmos Mod is a mod for Minecraft that completely overhauls the game’s sounds. For example, whenever you move really fast, or fall off a cliff, you will now hear a wind sound, similar to when you stick your head out of the car and hear the wind going through your ears. Another example is the water. when you fall into it, it will have a better sound than the normal vanilla Minecraft’s sounds, and when you’re underwater, it actually sounds like you’re underwater, compared to the normal game’s sounds, where you hear nothing. There are several more examples, but there’s too many to list!
There’s really no use to this mod when it comes to the survival aspect of Minecraft, but it’s still a nice addition to the game. Overall, this mod is really nice and I would definitely recommend it for people who would like to have a better sound experience Minecraft. Now for some videos of the mod in action.
Videos of this Mod
Since this mod is more of a mod that we will have to show you in a video, rather than a mod we can display a screenshot, here are some videos showing what the mod does. (Thanks to the respective videos owner for making the video.)
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!