Metallurgy Mod – Add more ores in your game with this mod! Mining will be even more fun compared to what it was like before!
Overview of this Mod
The Metallurgy Mod adds several new ores in your game. Some are even more powerful and more useful than diamond! Normally, a normal Minecraft miner would spend his time mining for iron tools, then iron armor and swords, and then spend the rest of his available time looking for diamonds. How about changing that up a bit, as in, finding ores ever more powerful than diamond? This mod will essentially expand upon your vanilla Minecraft experience, making mining even more fun than it was before! I bet you didn’t think that was even possible.
The ores in Metallurgy spawn randomly throughout the world, similar to how the normal Minecraft ores are. However, you might have to start a new world or venture off really far in your old world in order to see the new ores near you, mainly because of the fact that the chunks have already been generated, and there aren’t any places for the metallurgy ores to generate at.
On the topic of generating, did you know that you can also install several addons to this mod, including nether ores? That’s right! You can now having a great, yet risky mining experience in the Nether! In my opinion, this mod single-handedly makes the Nether very fun, and I say that because the general landscape of the nether is already challenging as it is, so why not mine there for an even greater challenge, and an extremely fun experience! To make the challenge even greater, hit a couple zombie pigmen and place the difficulty on hard! Hours of frustration will ensue, but the ores will be much more rewarding (mentally. This mod will not give you more because you decided to up the difficulty)!
All in all, this mod is a great mod for the avid miner who would like to expand upon their mining experience, and at the same time, have fun. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.