Alpha World Generator Mod – Ever wanted to play Minecraft in its Alpha stages again? Then this mod is for you!
Alpha World Generator Mod – What is it?
The Alpha World Generator Mod, dubbed “The Nostalgia Factor”, is a mod that allows you to play with the terrain generation features that Minecraft Alpha once had. Those were the good old days, where the land was varied. But anyways, you might be thinking, “Why don’t I just get a map that resembles the old Minecraft terrain generation?” Well what’s unique about this mod is that it does not interfere with anything else in Minecraft, and you can easily make terrain generation go back to normal with just a press of a button. Here’s what the mod aims to do:
See those mountains in the background and that really nice terrain? That’s what this mod aims to do. Anyways, to activate this mod, all you have to do is open up Minecraft, select “New World”, choose “More World Options”, and just click on the “World Gen: Release 1.0.0″ button to cycle through the various options. Currently, the mod features the following terrain generation features:
- Alpha 1.1.2_01
- Beta 1.1_02
- Beta 1.7.3
- Beta 1.8.1
Pretty nifty right? The only downside to this mod is that it doesn’t come complete with the vintage textures that Minecraft once had, but I guess you could just download a Minecraft Alpha texture pack if you want to experience the full nostalgic feeling of Minecraft when it was in it’s earlier stages. Since this is the kind of mod that you need to see in action rather than one that we can capture in a screenshot, here are some videos showing what the mod does.
Videos of the Alpha World Generator Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install the Alpha World Generator Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod doesn’t require you to install any other mods, such as Modloader to work properly. Just install the mod normally.
Download the Alpha World Generator Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!