Ohyea’s Biome mod – Enhance your worlds with Ohyea’s Biome mod! Mushrooms, flowers, and amazing mountains everywhere!
Ohyea’s Biome mod - What is it?
Since the 1.8 (Beta) update, Minecraft’s biomes have greatly improved. Players were introduced to much larger biomes, and taller mountains. In 1.0, we were introduced to the extremely rare Mushroom Biome, which can only be found in oceans. However, many players still feel that there is some lack towards the beauty of biomes. Ohyea’s Biome mod is a simple fix for that problem.
Ohyea’s Biome mod is a very simple plugin that renders Minecraft biomes much differently than normal. This mod basically takes biomes to the extreme! Some mountains reach to the sky, others have hidden caves in their sides with underground lakes in them. One will never run out of food, for there tall mushrooms, along with flowers, are rendered everywhere! NPC Villages are much easier to find, and are larger than normal. Forests have a thick canopy where you cannot even see the sky!
Screenshots of Ohyea’s Biome mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of Ohyea’s Biome mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install Ohyea’s Biome mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!