Battlegear Mod – Gear up for battle in this exciting new mod!
Battlegear – What is it?
The Battlegear Mod greatly enhances the combat elements of Minecraft, despite the game being primarily a mining and crafting-oriented experience. Key features include added weapons, such as maces and waraxes, as well as spears. Not only that, but shields have been included in as well, for defensive mechanisms outside of the traditional armor already in the vanilla Minecraft experience. On that note, there is one additional armor variant added, chainmail, which was actually cut out of vanilla Minecraft, oddly enough.
Also added in this mod are different forms of attack and defense, outside of items. Included are shield blocking, to block attacks normally with your shield. Also there is shield bashing, using your shield to push back enemies at the cost of block stamina. Finally, there are several shield enchantments, such as varying levels of fire protection, blast projection and projectile protection in addition to the standard protection enchantments.
Screenshots of the Battlegear Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of the Battlegear Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install the Battlegear Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!