Helicopter Mod – Ever wanted to roam the skies in Minecraft with precision and style? Then this mod is for you!
Helicopter Mod – What is it?
The Helicopter Mod is a mod for Minecraft that adds, you guessed it, a helicopter in-game. I have to say too, that in my opinion, it’s one of my favorite mods. The helicopter is incredibly easy to control, and the crafting recipe makes it so you can get this helicopter fairly early in the game. The crafting recipe is as follows:
See? It’s not hard to craft the helicopter. However, if you ask me, it’s too easy for what it offers. I mean, this helicopter allows you to roam the land at a fast rate, all without depleting your hunger, has incredible precision and flexibility, unlike Flan’s Plane Mod. Don’t get me wrong now. Flan’s Plane Mod is good, but let’s be honest, it’s resource intensive and doesn’t offer much flexibility, as in you have make very wide turns just to turn around. With this mod, you don’t need coal or to craft missiles to use them, and you can make 360 degree turns or more in the same spot. Now for the controls.
Controls of this Mod
This is fairly easy to control. The controls are as follows:
- Press “W” to go forward.
- Press “S” to go backward.
- Press “A” to strafe left.
- Press “D” to strafe right.
- Use the mouse to turn left or right.
- Press “Space” to ascend.
- Press “Left Shift” to descend.
- Press and hold “R” to fire 12 rockets, or “hydra missiles”, in rapid succession.
- Press “M” to fire a missile, or a “sidewinder”. It takes a while for these to reload.
- Press “K” to return pitch to zero. This will make the helicopter stop, avoiding a would-be crash.
It may take a bit of time to get used to the controls, but once you have the controls buckled down, using this helicopter will be a piece of cake! Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here is a screenshot showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!