Mine Turtle Mod – Ever wanted to have pressure sensitive bomb in Minecraft in the form of a cute turtle? Then this mod is for you!
Mine Turtle Mod - What is it?
The Mine Turtle Mod is a mod for Minecraft that adds the turtle seen in Tomska’s asdfmovies into Minecraft. The turtles themselves are pressure sensitive, meaning that if you step on them, they create a large explosion with a radius of about 3-5 blocks. Luckily, they don’t spawn as a naturally spawning mob, and can be crafted (you can watch the video below if you want to know how to craft the turtle). This will lessen accidents where you are mining, and one of these just manage to get in your way, essentially killing you and making you lose all your materials.
The turtle acts like a pressure plate, meaning that it doesn’t move, and will only detonate when something steps on it. Additionally, it is affected by gravity, and it will fall, just like gravel.
All in all, this mod has a big impact on the survival portion of Minecraft, in that you can place this right behind you and make a quick getaway from a horde of mobs. I would definitely recommnd this mod to anyone who would like to have mines in Minecraft, or would like to have a turtles that explodes in Minecraft! Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Now for some videos.
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does. (Thanks to the respective video owner for making the video.)
Now you might want to know how to install the mod.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.