Radio Mod – Ever wanted to own a radio in Minecraft, that actually plays real music, and not noteblock music? Then this mod is for you!
Radio Mod – What is it?
As the name states pretty obviously, the Radio Mod is a mod for Minecraft that adds a radio in Minecraft. However, unlike the stock jukebox in Minecraft, the radio mod actually plays the music you put in it, and it plays it with the same quality as if you were to play the same file with, let’s say, VLC or Winamp. Even though that’s pretty much it for the radio mod, it incorporates playing your own music in Minecraft with great ease, and now, you can make your own little club complete with music, thanks to this mod!
Screenshots of the Radio Mod
Here’s a screenshot showing what the radio along with the stereos, look like:
Videos of the Radio Mod
Here’s a couple videos showcasing the Radio Mod. (Thanks to the respective video owners for making the videos.)
How to Install the Radio Mod
The installation instructions for the mod are the same as most mods, but you need to install a couple other mods for it to work properly. Anyways, those instructions are as follows:
- Close Minecraft
- drag and drop .class files into minecraft.jar
- Delete META-INF
- Run Minecraft
- INSTALLED! Enjoy!
Need better and more in depth instructions? Click here for an extended and highly detailed way to install mods.
How to Add Music in the Radio Mod
Adding music in the Radio Mod is fairly easy. All you do is the following steps:
- Convert your song file (usually an MP3) to a .ogg. (I linked a site below that will convert your MP3 files for free.) If your file is already .ogg, skip this step.
- Navigate to: .minecraft\resources\mod\streaming\radio
- Place the .ogg files there.
- Now, when you right click the radio in Minecraft, your songs should pop up in the player box.
- Click play.