More Explosives Mod – Add more types of explosives in your game in your game! Launch missiles toward your enemies with this mod!
Overview of this Mod
Regular TNT in Minecraft is starting to get dull. After a while, you will grow too fond of its explosion, and you’ll probably want more out of it. I know I do. Sure, you can stack the TNT up, and detonate all of them at once, but it’s really not as satisfying as, let’s say, a really big explosion. On top of that, you will wast a ton of redstone getting away from the TNT so you won’t get caught in the crossfire, and even then, considering the way normal TNT reacts to other TNT detonating beside it, the chances of a stray piece hitting you is very high. If only there was a way to create a huge and satisfying, yet controlled explosion.
Well, luckily, there is! That’s where the More Explosives Mod comes in. The more explosives mod is a mod designed for TNT enthusiasts out there yearning for more. This mod adds several different types of explosions, ranging from fireworks, to the oh so powerful nuclear bomb. Here’s a complete rundown of some of the explosives added into the game, along with the features they add:
- Not much to say here. They shoot fireworks into the sky.
- Anti-Personnel Mines
- When detonated, they will release hundreds of arrows in all directions. Usefu for base defenses.
- Just like TNT, except slightly more powerful.
- Land Mines
- Triggered when stepped on. They also tear the terrain up a little.
- Lava Bomb
- When triggered, it will explode with lava everywhere.
- If it comes in contact with a smeltable item, it will cook it (sand to glass, cobblestone to stone, etc.)
- Nuclear Explosive
- Just like TNT, except has a huge blast radius.
- Time Bomb
- A concentrated C4 explosive.
- Right-clicking will bring upa GUI that you can configure to tell it when it should explode.
- Tunneling Explosive
- Useful for strip mining.
- This explosive comes with a 100% drop rate.
“What a large selection of explosives!” you might say. Well, as a matter of fact, there’s even more explosives that you can craft! The video below will go into all the explosives in full detail.
All in all, this mod is fantastic, and is recommended for anyone who would like to blow some stuff up in their game, but with style.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.