Mutant Mobs Mod – Add mutated mobs into your game to make your game much harder! Hardcore difficulty has got nothing on this mod!
Overview of this Mod
Minecraft has gotten a little stale with its mobs. You know exactly how to counter every single one of them, so there’s not much of a challenge. On top of that, they become less and less scary the more and more you play, to the point where they aren’t even a threat. You can go on harder difficulties, but you are more likely to die from falling into lava to be honest.
That’s why this mod was born. The Mutant Mobs Mod, dubbed “Mutant Creatures Mod”, does exactly what it says, in that it adds several mutated creatures or mobs into the game. Mutated mobs, as you can probably guess from the name already, are incredibly powerful, and are much harder to kill than their normal counterparts.
First up is the Mutant Zombie. This guy means serious business. By that, I mean, this mob is practically the hulk, only even more powerful. For starters, the zombie is huge, and doesn’t even burn in the daylight. Doesn’t sound too bad? Well, this mob also heals during the night, so the only practical way to slay him would be in the day. Still not too challenging? Well, the only way to properly slay him would be to set him on fire. Otherwise, he’ll revive, and be even stronger.
Next up is the Mutant Creeper. As if the normal creeper wasn’t enough. This mob will pounce you, and as soon as he lands, he will wreck the environment around him. If you think you can take him on head on, well you’re wrong. This mob will take YOU head on with its charge attack! If you try running away, this mob will shoot lightning at you, and pounce you again. If you think that wasn’t enough, well, this mob also throws mini creepers at you as well!
As you can see, this mod is incredibly terrifying, and is meant for hardcore survival players who are seeking more of a challenge in the game.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.