Nyan Cat Mod – Add the lovable flying pop-tart cat into the game with this mod!
Overview of this Mod
I absolutely adore Nyan cat. I always found the cat to be incredibly cute, and at the same time, I really thought it was really cool. In addition, that catchy tune that played when the Nyan cat was flying was incredibly catchy. I don’t know about you, but I ended up waking to that song playing in my head. It almost because an annoyance, but I really enjoyed it, so it wasn’t too bad. Unfortunately, I could never recreate that experience in Minecraft.
That was the case, until I found the Nyan Cat Mod. The Nyan Cat Mod is a mod that adds the famous Nyan cat into the game. Just like any other animal, the Nyan cat is an entity. The cool part about this cat, however, is that as soon as you spawn him by creating the egg (crafting recipe below), he will start playing the Nyan Cat theme song! Pretty cool right? It doesn’t stop there, however! In addition to playing, the music, you can also right click to ride him!
Even though this mod doesn’t have much of a use survival-wise, this mod is pretty nice nevertheless. Who wouldn’t want to be able to theoretically travel through space on Nyan Cat’s back, all in Minecraft? I know that I wouldn’t miss that opportunity for anything in the world! With the music playing as well? I know that I’ll be getting this mod for sure!
In conclusion this mod is very well made, and is recommended for anyone who like the Nyan cat, and would really like to have the cat, along with the catchy tune, added into Minecraft, or would just like to try something new.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.