Pet Bats Mod - Ever wanted to be able to tame a bat that will become just as loyal as a wolf, all in Minecraft? Then this mod is for you!
Overview of this Mod
The Pet Bats Mod is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to tame a bat in Minecraft. The bat is almost just like a wolf, with the exception of the fact that it flies. This includes following you around, attacking mobs, and acting like a pet. Did I mention that this mod also makes it so the bats are on a leveling system similar to pokemon? Well now you know! This mod makes it so the bats gain more experience the more combat experience it gets. All you need to do is hit a mob and let the bat attack it. At first, the bat is weak, and only does about 1 heart of damage. Once it reaches max level, however, it will obliterate any mob it comes across.
In order to see what level your bat is, you will have to have him in your hand, and right click him. We’ll get into more of that later though. In order to tame a bat, you will first have to craft pumpkin pie and find a bat. Just beat the pumpkin pie into the ground to attract the bats, and right click them to start the taming process. This is significantly harder than taming a wolf because of the fact that the bats move in a rapid and sporadic fashion. Once you tame the bat though, it will start to follow you.
Now to talk about that part where you have the bat in your hand. Once you tame a bat, it will follow you. However, once you stop walking, it will attempt to dock to a nearby block, mainly because it is lazy like that. After it is docked, you can left click the bat, and it will fall in your inventory (no I am not trolling you or trying to make you kill your bat). After that, you can right-click with the bat in your hand to change the name and check the stats. You can release the bat again by pressing “Q”. To feed the bat, just drop some pumpkin pie on the ground and it will eat it up.
Oh no! That nasty skeleton killed your bad! Easy fix. The bat will return into your inventory, but it will not be able to deploy just yet. You will have to place the bat into the crafting table along with some pumpkin pie, and it will be fully healed again. It’s better than wolves!
All in all, this mod is a great mod for anyone who would like to have a pet bat that works off of an experience system in Minecraft. Now for some videos of the mod.
Videos of this Mod
Since this mod is a mod that is better shown in a video than shown in a screenshot, here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!