Imagine you are in a Pokemon world. The vivid landscape, the friendly Pokemon, and the motivated trainers everywhere, ready to battle whenever. Now imagine this in Minecraft. Impossible, you say? Well think again! The pixelmon mod is a mod for Minecraft that adds various Pokemon from the first, second, and third generations, and also adds gym badges, pokeballs, potions, and even apricorn trees from the original Pokemon games! Nostalgia over the good old days of Pokemon once more!
To start using this mod, you will have to install it first. Afterwards, just open any previous world you have, or start a new world if you must. Afterwards, there will be a GUI that will ask you to choose which Pokemon you would like to start off with. I would personally choose Charmander because I’m a sucker for fire Pokemon. Anyways, after that, you are ready to start your journey as a Pokemon trainer! You will encounter various trainers and Pokemon along the way.
To battle a Pokemon or a Pokemon trainer, just release your Pokemon from its pokeball by pressing “P”. Be sure to aim at what you want to battle though in order to trigger the battle. After that, you will immediately realize the GUI that pops up, as it’s the original GUI from all the Pokemon games! After that, just engage in a battle just like you would in Pokemon.
You can always catch the wild Pokemon if you want to by crafting Pokeballs (shown in the video below). You can bring their health down by either using your Pokemon, or as how I do it, hit the Pokemon with a sword until it’s about to faint and capture it with an ultra ball. This is very effective because I managed to get a level 43 Kingler, and all I had was a level 5 Charmander. I completely destroyed everything after that. You will have just as good luck as I did, no doubt!
All in all, this mod is a great mod for anyone who would like to experience Pokemon in Minecraft, and this mod is also good for anyone who would like to have some form of companion (aside from a wolf of course) with them throughout their adventure in Minecraft. If you can get past some of the annyoing bugs that come with this mod, then you should definitely download this mod now. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!