Portal Gun Mod – With this mod, you can now use portals (Just like in Portal) in Minecraft!
Overview of this Mod
The Portal Gun mod is a mod that adds “Portal” style portals into Minecraft. You know, you shoot an orange portal here, and a blue portal over there. Afterwards, you can jump into the orange portal and teleport to the blue portal. Essentially, this mod allows you to get from point A to point B quickly by teleporting, but allows you to do so in style. However, there are a few other things this mod has to offer, allowing you to make some pretty nice puzzles that make you think! Let’s get into the few other additions this mod has in store.
Items this Mod Adds
Here’s the list of items this mod adds into the game:
Default Portal Gun:
Mixing Lapis Lazuli and Redstone produces the substance below:
You can then use that substance to craft the Portal Gun:
With the portal gun, you can:
- Use portals to travel the Minecraft world.
- Press “G” to change the color of the portal being fired.
- Press “R” to erase all the portals you placed.
Single Colored Portal Guns
Changing the crafting recipe for the substance by adding one more redstone or lapiz lazuli can determine the color of the Portal Gun:
With a single colored gun, you can:
- Make more challenging puzzles if you are a map maker.
- Grab the other version of the single colored portal gun and merge it into a single default portal gun.
Co-op Portal Guns
With the co-op portal guns, you can now make puzzles that require two people to finish the puzzle!
With the Co-op Portal Guns, you can:
- Add dye to the default portal gun to turn it into a Co-op gun.
- Play on puzzles with your friend.
- Re-enact the “Portal 2″ co-op maps.
Not much to say here, but it allows you to have a separate set of portals:
With the Bacon Gun, you can:
- Have a completely different set of portals.
- Multiple people can use it.
- Portals last even when the player leaves the server.
Portal Gun Pedestals
Fires a portal if you place a portal gun on it:
Spawns a portal on it if it gets powered up by redstone:
Advanced Knee Replacements
This will remove all the fall damage, similar to the lack of fall damage in the “Portal” series:
Giving a storage cube a rose will turn it into a companion cube. Companion cubes will heal you if they are in your inventory:
Material Emancipation Grid
It erases previously placed portals if you walk through it:
The sentry turrets shoot anything that moves, even you:
They don’t shoot, but they say hilarious things:
Aerial Faith Plate
They launch you. You need redstone to power the Aerial Faith Plate:
Now that we got most of the features down, here’s a few videos showcasing the mod.
Videos of this Mod
Here’s a few videos showcasing the mod. (Thanks to the respective video owners for making the videos)
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.