RC Plane Mod – Ever wanted to fly an RC plane, but always thought they were too expensive? Well now you can, in Minecraft that is!
RC Plane Mod – What is it?
The RC Plane mod is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to fly an RC plane. Yes, just like the one you always wanted to fly in real life. Oh how I really wanted to have one of those planes. Anyways, this mod can now give you a chance to fly one of those RC planes. This means, however, that you will be standing in one spot and you can’t move, and in addition to that, your plane will get destroyed if it crashes into the ground hard enough. Be careful though, as when the plane crashes into the ground, it will create an explosion, which can possibly obliterate anything it crashes into.
To fly the plane, right click the remote control when it’s in your hand, and use the following instructions:
- The “P” button will automatically retrieve the RC plane for you, and set it on the ground where you initially placed it.
- The “O” button will give the plane some thrust. This is to speed up the RC plane in order to take off and go faster once you’re in the air.
- The “K” button will yaw the plane to the left. Please note as this is only useful if you are planning to control the plane on the ground.
- The “;” button will yaw the plane to the right. Please note as this is only useful if you are planning to control the plane on the ground.
- The “Down Arrow” button will make the plane pitch up. This is used if you want to take off and/or go higher.
- The “Up Arrow” button will pitch the plane down. This is used if you want to go down.
- The “Left Arrow” button will will roll the plane to the left. This is to steer the plane if it’s in the air.
- The “Right Arrow” button will will roll the plane to the right. This is to steer the plane if it’s in the air.
That’s pretty much it! To deactivate the RC plane, just right click with the remote control in your hand again.
Did I mention that this mod also adds an RC helicopter? Flying the RC helicopter is similar to flying the plane, with the exception of the helicopter being able to hover in the air. Now for some screenshots, but before we get into those, we would like to give you a note:
Note: You should not, I repeat, not spawn more than one plane and helicopter. The developer of this mod states that if you place more than one plane or helicopter down, and attempt to fly one, it could cause some damage to your game. You have been warned!
Now that you have read that, let’s get into the screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
If you want to craft the Plane, Helicopter, and Remote, please go to the official forums post (link below).
Videos of this Mod
Here is some videos showing what the mod does. (Thanks to the respective video owners for making the videos.)
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!