Ropes Plus Mod – Ever wanted to climb to the top of something, but building ladders is too tedious and tiresome? Then you should check this mod out!
Overview of this Mod
The Ropes Plus Mod is a mod for Minecraft throw rope that you can climb up on. This mod is particularly useful for when you don’t have enough wood to craft the amount of letters needed, or if you want to reenact scenes of your favorite character and those action movies.This mod includes 303′s elemental arrows mod, SDK’s grappling hook idea, and DJRoslin’s rope mod, and makes them all work together.
as stated before, this mod is pretty useful. For example, let’s say you’re being chased by a bunch of creepers at night. You don’t have a sword to defend yourself, and if you were to stay and fight, you would be blown to bits. However, you brought your grappling hook with you, and there’s a pretty high ledge you’re right. What you could do is throw the grappling hook at the ledge, and try to distract the creepers while you’re waiting for rope to come down. after that, just run full speed towards the rope and climb it. After you’re done climbing it, just destroy a grappling hook to get it back and just scurry along home like nothing happened!
If you want to know the crafting recipes of the mind, just visit the official forms post (link below). Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!