Shelf Mod – Store all your times conveniently on a shelf, allowing for quick access, and instant recognition of where all of your items are!
Overview of this Mod
Chests are such a bother, especially once you have a ton of items. It’s hard to tell where an item is once you have a bunch of them without labeling them. Once you label them though, it might help, but it removes the elegance from the place, and makes it look all messy. If only there was an elegant way to quickly access items.
Good news! There is! That’s where the shelf mod resolves all your problems! The shelf mod is a mod that allows you to craft a shelf, which can hold 18 item stacks, or 3 rows of 6 items. This is useful for those times where you just need to know where your stuff is, whether it be for mining or PVP, or any other task that requires you to locate your items in a timely fashion.
For example, you could place a shelf behind the entrance of your house, and place all your armaments in there for quick encounters, such as a zombie in front of your house, or something like that. Sure, you could place a chest there with your weapons inside it, but let’s say you placed them in a different chest because you were on a mining trip, and wanted to deposit all your items quickly. Your swords and weapons are now in a different chest, and you don’t know where, and in addition, you will waste time opening the chest in front of your door to check. With this mod, you can instantly tell if your sword isn’t there, allowing you to deal with the threat faster.
All in all, this mod is nice, and is definitely recommended for anyone who would like a more organized way of storing items.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!