Smart Moving Mod – Ever wanted to do hardcore parkour in Minecraft? well now you can, thanks to this mod!
Overview of this Mod
The Smart Moving Mod is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to have several different types of moves such as crawling under walls, climbing over walls, and much more. there are many useful scenarios for this. For example, since you can jump left to right, you can quickly avoid the skeleton’s arrows, and since you can crawl now, you can crawl safely in a one block high ditch without having to fear of anything following you. There are many scenarios for this mod, and it is up to your imagination to find the many uses for this mod, but for now, we’ll just list the many features this mod has to offer.
Features of this Mod
Below is a list of the many features of the Smart Moving mod:
- you can climb the gaps of the walls.
- you can climb ladders at different speeds.
- there are new animations for climbing and falling.
- you have a new swimming animation.
- you have a new diving animation.
- You have a new flying animation.
- you can sprint faster with the designated sprint key (By default it is the tab key, and not the default sprint that comes with Minecraft)
- you can jump from side to side by pressing the A or D key twice.
- you can do a charged jump by holding tab at standstill, and then go forward and jumped at the same time.
- you can also crawl and slide now.
Videos of this Mod
Since this mod is more of a mod we have to show you rather than a static mod, here is a video showing what the mod does. (Thanks the respective video owner for making the video.)
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!