Sophisticated Wolves Mod – Add new breeds of wolves to your game, and make them smarter at, the same time. This mod makes your pet wolf live longer than the average wolf guaranteed.
Overview of this Mod
Are you sick and tired of your wolves not lasting as long as you in battle? Tired of them burning down in flames? Well the Sophisticated Wolves mod solves these problems all at once. Normally your wolves cant be named but this mod adds a dog tag which allows you to name your pet wolf and keep track of his health, for example if the name is white your pets health is normal, if the name is red watch out he may drop dead next time you get into battle. With this mod there is now a specific way to breed your your pets no more accidental puppies, to breed your wolves you need to craft a dog treat and feed one to each of the wolves that you want to breed then watch the magic happen. The wolves appearance depend on the biome they spawn in, tiaga wolves are default grey in the forest you can find light brown wolves, you can also find black and dark brown wolves. A normal wolf when set aflame will just run around, but these wolves will stop and shake to put out the flames in a similar way they shake when they get out of water this will increase your dogs lifespan. Here is a scene for you, lets say you are walking in the middle of the night in a thick forest you have your loyal companion with you. Suddenly you hear the familiar ssSSS. Normally your dog will take damage from this, but with this mod your dog gets a little bit of a brain turns tail and runs. Don’t worry he will go back to you once the coast is clear. Well look on the bright side wolves will now warn you if a creeper is approaching then they run. Don’t you just hate it when your herding animals and your with your wolf, you may accidentally hit one of your cows or sheep, your wolf will immediately start attacking but now there is a way to stop them from attacking all you have to do is hold shift for about five seconds and your good to go. So pretty much your telling your wolf to heel, if you want to temporarily stop an attack just hold it no longer then five seconds. You no longer have to worry about getting “accidentally” being pushed into lava or off of a ladder, your wolf will wait for you to finish your task at hand and then he will approach you. So go ahead and extend your pet wolfs life expectancy, well who said you cant teach an old dog new tricks. Also this mod is not compatible with better than wolves mod and the mo creatures mod, it may make your game to crash you have been warned.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!