Special Armor Mod – Add armor to your game that will help you survive.
Overview of this Mod
Want more armor in your game? Feel like armor should do more than just protect you? Then the Special Armor mod is for you, this mod adds new sets of armor and new helmets and boots that will be extremely helpful. The items that are added by this mod are the cape which allows you to glide, the speed leggings which allow you to run at a faster rate, the divimg helmet which allows you to breathe under water, the fire plate which allows you to swim in lava and inflames you enemies, the heavy boots which make you moves slower but fall faster, i guess these would be useful for when you are mining underwater. This mod also adds the spring which is used to craft the jump boots that allow you to jump 5 blocks up and receive no fall damage, the magic substance which is used to craft magic boots, magic boots affect some of the blocks you may step on for example when you are going to swim the water turns to ice, and ores will break down. The Hover boots allow you to fly over lava and water, and if you are falling you can glide for a short period of time, the obsidian plate makes you take no fall damage, the chain allows you to craft the ingame chain armor, the slime helmet which allows you to climb and stick on the ceiling, the TNT plate with the press of a button allows you to detonate the area around you without taking any damage, the flower plate which will make flowers and grass grow as you walk, the jetpack which allows you to fly if you use speed leggings you are able to fly at a faster pace. Skates make you slower on dry land but on ice you will not slip, the pork armor which heals you half a heart every ten seconds, the cooked pork armor which heals one heart every ten seconds, the time helmet speeds up time, the doublejump boots as the name implies you can double jump allowing you to jump over two blocks, and finally the dispenser plate which allows you to shoot your enemies with arrows automatically if you have arrows in your inventory.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!