Star Wars Mod – Relive your memories of the famous Star Wars movies with this mod! Fight the Galactic Empire once more!
Overview of this Mod
I’m a big fan of Star Wars. I always loved the futuristic feel of the movies, and there were times when I was a kid, where i wished I could also take part of some of the quests they used to go on, and meet all the droids and stuff. Knowing me, I would probably have gotten destroyed pretty quick because I was a kid. Anyways, I’m much older now, but I still yearn for the Star Wars feel in the game, and I don’t mean just some texture pack.
I mean a mod. Thankfully, there’s a mod that does just that. That mod is called the Star Wars Mod. The Star Wars Mod is a mod that makes it so you can reenact scenes in the Star Wars movies. How? Well, this mod isn’t your run-of-the-mill mini modification. This mod adds several new mobs that came directly from the Star Wars movies. On top of that, yuo are the Jedi, and unlike other mods, where all you do is swing a lightsaber, which is actually just a sword with a skin, you actually move the lightsaber around as if it were a real light saber, and on top of that, you can do backflips and use the force.
That’s not it though. this mod also adds a couple of new biomes in your game, and you can even fly the X-wing spaceship! If you really wanted to, you can recreate the whole Star Wars movies with just this mod and video recording software, such as fraps or dxtory. “But wait! What about the other people needed?” Oh, I didn’t mention that this mod also works on servers? Well, now you know!
All in all, this mod is very well made, and I would recommend it to any fan of Star Wars.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.